Monday, December 7, 2009

Springfield

We woke up to the sound of a snow plow clearing the roads. That was a shock, we didn't even realize it was suppose to snow. We really didn't get enough snow to worry about so I left this morning by 7:00 for Springfield. My appointment with the department of agriculture was at 9:00am and I wasn't sure of the state of the roads so left plenty of time. I was there by 8:40am, they didn't take in the paper work to sign until just before 9:00am and then kept me waiting for about 45 minutes more. I was the only customer the entire time so what they were doing other than just signing who knows. Perhaps they were checking to make sure the horse I was exporting was not a dangerous object. Although I'm not bringing anything into the US, just sending one 4 month old filly out. I should have had some coffee and breakfast before leaving this morning so by the time I got near Tremont, IL I thought of calling Amy Koch to see if she wanted to join me for breakfast. Amy was just finishing stalls at Bridlewood and was glad to meet me at Denny's for breakfast. After a very satisfying meal and good coffee I had to head over to Hanna City for Meike's new halter for transport and more paper work that needs to go to her new owner. I stopped at home and took Emma with me to show her off to the ladies at Honegger Law office but only Shannon was in. Diane was only a few minutes away but she saw Emma's pictures on the blog last week and did not want to see her in person. Can you tell Diane is not a dog person? I'm glad Shannon is. Mark called to tell me that our MBL account at the Associated Bank will be frozen if we don't get them some lost paper work. We have had this account for 20 years but when the bank closed its office on Harmon Hwy about 6 years ago they must have lost the paper work and now we have to prove we own the account all over again. Why is it that the bank can lose paper work and WE are the ones that suffer? So down to work and about 2 hours later I've gone as far as I can until tomorrow afternoon so now I start to work on mom's accounts.
Mom has changed credit card companies and we are still working on switching everything over from her citibank card to her new Visa card through CEFCU.

No comments:

Post a Comment