Thursday, December 10, 2009

Good By Meike


The transport company just emailed that they will be at Bridlewood between 7:00am and 10:00am tomorrow. This would be wonderful EXCEPT there is a funeral and I need to leave the house by 9:15am and won't be home until 11:30am.
I'm praying they get here between 7:00 and 9:00 but if not, I do have a back up plan. Sarah doesn't have to leave for school until 11:30am. She would just need to make sure she does not forget to give the truck drivers the paper work or Meike won't get across the boarder into Canada.
Meike was pulled out of the paddock this afternoon to get all cleaned up for her ride. She was so good while I worked on trying to get the frozen mud balls out of her feathers. It was much to cold to use water so a little cowboy magic was rubbed into the feathers, then I used my hands to warm the mud up enough to break it apart and comb it out. By the time she was presentable, my hands were frozen and VERY muddy. She is back in the stall and twice tonight was brought warm water to add to her bucket. Both times she drank deeply. I can't believe how good she is behaving in a stall, the showing with her dam at the horse fairs taught her stall manners even when she is without her mom. The picture below is the last picture we have of Ylse with her beautiful filly by Raven, Meike, heading to Ontario Canada tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment