Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Royal Gone

After work I drove out to the farm, checked on Clara, hooked up the stock trailer and pulled it out of the snow WITHOUT 4wheel drive. I barely made it up the farm drive without the trailer, I know I won't make it up pulling the trailer so the trailer may stay at my house until either the ice melts or the 4wheel drive gets fixed or Mike comes to haul it home. I called to see if Royal could be brought up today as we may be getting snow tomorrow and the owner thought that was a great idea. Mom called just as she got to Aldi to see if anything was needed for the big New Year's Eve party and I asked her if she would like to travel with me to deliver Royal. She said yes, sure don't know why but I was so glad to have her. We pulled in at his new barn right at 4:30pm, exactly when I said we would be there and waited then waited some more. Finally around 5:15 the new owner showed up and was absolutely THRILLED with Royal. There were 4 men there all waiting and couldn't believe how tall he was, they kept saying, "he looks ALL Friesian" and "Are you sure he is only 7 months old?" Royal was very well behaved the entire time. Mom kept saying once we were back in the truck, "he was so pretty, too bad you had to sell him." and "they really got a nice colt."
We stopped for gas once, then dinner at Taco Bell around 7:30pm and were home and the trailer backed into position by 8:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment