Monday, December 14, 2009

Royal


The man buying Royal called on Saturday to tell me that he now does not have the money to pick him up this month. Royal was sold with the understanding he was to be a Christmas present for his wife. He gave me a deposit and was to pay him off and ship him home before Christmas.
I really am not happy about keeping him until who knows when, even if he starts paying board. I would like to sell him outright, then give back the deposit. I'm not sure if this is the morally right thing to do and have not advertised him again. I had 3 very real buyers for Royal but told each one that a deposit was suppose to come each time I was contacted and that Royal was sold. What is the right thing to do? I could wait until Jan and if board does not come in with another payment, then consider the contract void, or take the sold off the website and see if anyone else is willing to buy him, pay for him and take him home.
The round bale here at Bridlewood is almost gone and the next 7 bales haven't yet been delivered. There is probably enough hay for 4 more days before I either must move in hay or take the foals back to the Hanna City farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment