Thursday, July 2, 2009

Reunion

Well the reunion is officially suppose to start tomorrow night but my company came in last night and we found out this afternoon that 4 other groups would be here tonight for dinner. We started scrambling to come up with dinner for 35 people but somehow it all worked out fine. We had tacos and fajitas with all the fixings for both, corn on the cob (delicious, not old but sweet and young) salad, chips, chicken and mashed potatoes, rasberries, strawberries, and for dessert peanut butter chocolate bars and brownies. mmmmm We enjoyed the evening sitting around the campfire after dinner.
This morning the walkers fed Lily as I needed to make breakfast for the 5 people at my house, then I left for work, got done around noon, ran out to the farm to clean the small paddock and clean Lily's stall, back into town, picked up Evelyn and one of her daughters and one of her sons, drove them back to the farm for swimming, back home to prepare dinner to take out to the lake, and then finally home ready for bed. I looked down at my gas gauge and realize I am almost out of gas again, that comes from 3 trips to the farm in one day. I met 2 ladies at the farm to introduce them to Raven. They would like to book their paint mare to him for next year. I told them if they want to breed him in July or August they would not need to put down a booking but they want spring and that is our busy time. Once the booking is in the bank the spot is saved and no one can bump them. They want not only to send in the booking but make payments on the stud fee also so once the mare comes the stud fee is already paid. Pretty smart! Tomorrow the reunion group is going to the Lincoln Museum in Springfield, IL. I'm going to pass, not because it isn't worth seeing, it is fantastic but I have much to do to get ready for my big breakfast on Saturday and I was just at the museum last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment