Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rehearsal Feast?

Last night was the first of 3 showers I will need to attend for my son David and his fiancee, Stephanie. I drove the old Meister Brother truck out to the farm, hooked up the stock trailer for Karin, then walked over to mom's to catch a ride to the shower in Princeville, IL. Mom was still garage saleing with Joan so I had a chance to sit on her deck and watch the rain hitting the lake. Heidi, mom's German Shepherd kept me company until I heard the van pull in. Mom was too tired to drive so I drove her car. The shower was a lot of fun and David and Stephanie got many nice things. We got home around 9:00pm and just headed to bed.
This morning I didn't need to worry about calling in the mares, they didn't get let out last night because of the rain so I took my time getting out of bed. Finally around 6:30am I headed down stairs to let Darcy bring in our paper. She loves doing her job and can get impatient if I don't let her do her job right as soon as I get up. Sarah had already made a pot of coffee and it was good and strong. I only got to read the funnies before heading to the farm if I wanted to be on time to walk with the walkers. I got to the farm, removed Lily's belly band for a few hours then headed over to moms. I pulled in just before Ruth and we all headed out to walk. Joan showed us where Tim had moved the semi trailers and how nice the yard looks with them gone. Then we talked over the picnic plans for this coming Sunday. I will buy the pork loins, plastic ware, napkins and cups. Joan will provide the buns and bbq sauce. Rachel is going to make a double batch of party potatoes and Diane will bring a large pot of green beans. Everyone is invited, just bring a dish to pass and a dessert. The picnic starts at 4:30pm.
David would like to break from tradition and hold a rehearsal FEAST instead of the formal dinner. He wants a pig roast at the lake the Saturday before his wedding with EVERY ONE invited. He wants to play volley ball, ride horses, swim, fish, boat and sing around the camp fire. Just in case of rain, I asked Dan and Spark Meister if we could reserve the Old School Center for that evening. We must have plan B for this pig roast. David still needs to get permission from his future mother-in-law as she may not want this for her daughter's wedding but as the groom's family gets to pay for the rehearsal dinner I hope she will let him do this.
After I made it home from the farm this morning I did the shopping for the camping trip Karin is taking the kids on. They are going to Jubalee State Park for this afternoon and will return tomorrow afternoon. I packed bottled water, eggs, sausage, cheese,coffee cake, bread, jam, peanut butter, chicken salad, grapes, graham crackers, Hershey Chocolate bars, and marshmallows. I don't know what Karin packed but I'm sure they will have plenty to eat. When Sarah got home from school, I gave her a driving lesson with the big truck and trailer. She is 19 years old and it is time she learned especially since Rhoda is not going on this trip. Sarah did well and drove the rig out to the farm. While the kids were at vaulting practice, I put Lily's bellyband back on and let her and Ciera graze for about a half hour, put her away and let Raven graze for 40 minutes while mom visited with me to help pass the time. He really needs the good green grass during breeding season. He always loses weight and we want to pack it on before winter. After the practice Karin and the kids started loading up horses. They took Mika, Izadora, Sunny, Bunni, Paris, Duke, Cindy and Larry. The riders are Karin Meister, Sarah Sceggel, Sarah Reinhard, Bethany Reinhard, Hanna Reinhard, Caleb Sauder, Jessica Sauder, Rebekah Davidovics and Anni Davidovics. We will join them around the camp fire tonight after church.

No comments:

Post a Comment