Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Joy

I left this morning around 7:30 to drive to Morton, IL to pick up a saddlebred mare to breed to Raven. She was sonagramed this morning and should be ready within 48 hours. The other mare had already ovulated so she will be short cycled along with another mare so Dr. Hoerr will just come collect and AI both mares.
I picked up Joy at Ruth's for a trailering lesson, she will be leaving for her new home in New York soon. She was good, we put her in and out of the trailer twice at Ruth's place, drove her over to the farm, unloaded her and put her in and out 3 times there. She NEVER hesitated any of the times. When we brought her home we gave her a leading lesson for about 15 minutes. She didn't want to listen at first and wanted to run back to the other horses but within a few minutes she was walking by my side, stopping when I stopped and starting when I started. She has a good mind.
I am serving lunch Sunday for around 800 people so need to get my food ordered TODAY! I will for sure need to clean up first before heading out to the stores.
For Jenis' colt name we are thinking Raven's Valiant Warrior. Let me know what you think of the name, it just seems to fit.
The name I am thinking of for Sangria's Colt is Royal Masquerade. After all the Andalusian horse and the Friesian horse were the horses of the kings. He has ALL ROYAL Blood!

No comments:

Post a Comment