Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday

The clock was pulling jokes on me today. It is running 20 minutes slow and when it was 6:40am it just felt later so I looked at my cell phone and it was really 7:00am so I jumped into the car and headed for the farm. I knew I needed gas, looked at my cell phone and the time was 6:58am so I thought I had plenty of time to stop for gas but then the radio announced it was 7:10am. I pulled out the phone again and sure enough it really was 7:10, were my eyes playing tricks on me or was the phone just not right the first time? I did make it to the farm in time to walk with the girls. Coming out of mom's I see Diane, all dressed up for work, cleaning up left over garbage from the picnic, then I see Joan also cleaning up. Funny I drove right by the mess and didn't even see it, sometimes it is good to be blind. We walked over first to Rachel's to see her newborn colt, then headed to the farm. After the walk, I only had to time to grain Raven and took off for work. Eva Jean and I decided to work today instead of tomorrow as BJ's funeral is tomorrow and we both wanted off for it. Karin called while we were at work and wanted to go to the visitation with me so she met us for lunch at Denny's in Pekin. David, his fiancee, Stephanie, and Sarah also met us so we had 7 at the table counting Mark. David had us laughing so hard by telling us some of his childhood stories. We knew most of them but to hear Stephanie's take of them was hilarious!
Karin and I tested Ylse before we headed over to the visitation, got there at 1:30pm and immediately got in line. Good thing we did, by the time it was suppose to start the line went all the way out the fellowship hall door. What do you say to parents that have lost a child? Life is just not suppose to go this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment