Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Jenis



Jenis is in and was covered today, I drove out to the farm after dinner and had Mike help. Her colt still needs a name, he is now a week old and so strong. I asked Mike to lay him down so I could check his cord and he almost got away from both of us. We have never had such a strong foal. Mike really doesn't think we should sell him, he feels this colt is worth every penny of $18,000.00 and will not take less. I guess I'll need to change his price on our website. After watching him move today, I agreed, yes we shouldn't take less than $18,000.00. He is such a high stepper and so proud! He is EVERY THING we have been breeding for. What a stallion he is going to be at 4 years old. If we don't get his full price we will not sell him. We are going to be showing him at the Northern IL Horse Fest with Jenis the end of August.I also plan on taking Ylse and her foal if all goes well with the birth and she delivers early enough. Funny, we knew this colt was special from the moment of his birth, he is a true stallion candidate!

No comments:

Post a Comment