Sunday, July 12, 2009

Jenis & Lily

Steven moved Jenis and her colt in with Lily because of the heavy rain. Mike feels we are taking too big of risk with something happening to that very valuable colt, in fact he had a fit they were in together, so I guess I'll head out and move Jenis. Her colt is so spectacular that Mike just doesn't want anything to happen to him. I'll need to find a place to put Lily and Ciera because Jenis should be coming into her foal heat and we want her close to Raven. We will try breeding her tomorrow.
We are actively searching for hay. I want a good quality alfalfa grass mix. The weather has not helped the hay shortage, there is just too much rain and no bright sunshiny days to dry so most of the fields are overdue to be cut. I know mine has been ready for weeks. Thank goodness we got at least one cutting up of which I think we only have 3 round bales left.

No comments:

Post a Comment