Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our House


The bills were paid for the first of the month, Amazing how God takes care of us. I even got Lily's surgery paid for without borrowing but I still have a $900.00 vet bill that will be on my next months credit card. I'm sitting here at my computer waiting for my company to get here. They flew into Chicago from Rome, Italy around 7:00 pm and called my cell while I was at church. Luckily my phone was on vibrate. I called them back after church, Evelyn said the roads are clear and they are going 80 mph and should be here in 2 and a half hours. Hope they don't get a ticket.
I love having company, I get lots of things fixed that we keep putting off.
I got the dump trailer moved back to the farm, the house is clean, the laundry is just about done, last load in the dryer, all the beds have clean sheets, Mark put on the new toilet seat, the other has been broken for MONTHS and I worked on fixing the kitchen drain. I think it is fixed, it just needs to be tightened but it is not leaking. Our house was built in 1917 and it is sometimes showing its age. My great grandfather Henry Baer and great grandmother Emma although everyone called her Aunt Emma named it Pleasant Home when they built it and it has never been out of the family. The picture was taken right after it was built. Notice the horse drawn buggy on the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment