Sunday, April 26, 2009

Potluck

Diane called while we were at Potluck and told me that Anni was covered tonight. Potluck was wonderful, Carol Scholl hosted it. She made glazed ham rolls that were the best I've ever tasted. Ron and Janet Blumenshine brought the potatoes made with thinly sliced potato strings cooked with 3 cups of heavy cream and a stick of butter. Tim and Robyn Feucht brought the salad and it was filled with wonderful things like crispy nuts and fruit with poppy seed dressing. The bread was a soft, fragrant cheese bread with butter. Mark and I brought the vegetable. I made my mom's green bean recipe where the beans are cooked with a ham, chicken stock and sauteed onions. Roger and Melanie brought the dessert. Melanie made a wonderful Terra Misu that went well with the flavored coffee. We had a great time visiting. Time just flew by and before we realized it the time was 9:30pm. We are home and ready for bed. Tomorrow the farrier is coming and I have so many for him to do I'll have to get out there early to dry off the mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment