Saturday, April 25, 2009

Camping

Last night the kids and Karin decided to camp down on the trails. This was the first warm day and even the night wasn't suppose to be too cold. They put up a tent and had to cram 9 kids in it. Mark and I drove out at 8:00pm to grain Grace and decided to join the camp fire but first we had to find them. We grabbed a couple of chairs from the regular camp fire place then drove down to the bottom lands. Anni met us at the road with a light so we could see where to drive in safely but I still got stuck. We have just had too much rain this year. Anni, Mark and Sarah pushed me out so I parked at the end. As we were hiking the trail we met up with Rachel, David and her 2 boys Logan and Luke. Mike, Diane, Karin, Anni, Steven, and Ryan were all sitting around the fire cooking big slabs of bacon. Ruth had dropped off her boys Steven and Ryan, stayed a while then left for bed. Mark and I stayed until 10:00pm. The fire was great but I decided it was getting too hot so I went to move my chair back and I moved it a little too far, it fell off the ledge into the creek. That's what I get for coming after dark. I had no idea the creek was so close. It was Sarah Reinhards 16th birthday and all the kids were moaning about her not being able to celebrate it with a big party at the lake. Sarah is helping her older sister Kristin get ready for a new baby. We heard she was going out of pizza but that just doesn't cut it for a 16th.
I woke up this morning and realized it must have rained during the night. No rain was predicted but there are fresh puddles. I'll have to find out how wet the kids got, at least they had a tent. If they did have to walk out it was a long walk. The kids are all going to be riding the trails this morning. Mike is taking his chain saw as he is riding Mika to cut low branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment