Thursday, April 2, 2009

Freedom


Steven met me at Bridlewood around 4:30pm and within 10 minutes we had all 5 horses I was caring for at Bridlewood loaded and on the way to the Hanna city Farm. I'm leaving for Gulf Shores tomorrow and don't want to have anyone have to care for the weanlings while I am gone. I will be FREE for 9 days. The foals were pretty thrilled to get back to the farm. Jewell had to show off. She is actually pretty spectacular! She had her tail in the air and was showing this HUGE trot. I think she is Grace's prettiest foal ever. Jewell has a nice long neck, perfect balance with the rest of her body and she is so TALL! I've included a picture of her when she was 4 months old. She is even more impressive now.
Steven brought Lady over to Raven but she is out and she told him no with a big mule kick. It is so funny, when the mare is in season they love Raven and when they are out they hate him. Steven put her back and walked through the mud to get Anni. Anni is not in but didn't kick, she just stood quietly but no sign that she would accept Raven. I guess we need to keep checking on her. I left the farm and headed home to make dinner. Steven stayed to work Dakota. He has been hired to train her under saddle. He will do a great job for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment