Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lily


Steven thought Lily was already bagging up and moved her in with Salena last night. Lily isn't due until mid May but each of her last 3 foals were delivered little over 10 months gestation so this concerned me. I got to the farm early and checked her and I really think we have some time. I don't want her delivering earlier than mid April. She is happy with Salena so I just moved both into a bigger paddock, moved in a round bale and left them. I put this picture up of Lily and Steven. Rachel Sauder of momentscapturedbyrachel took it and it is the only face shot I have of her.
I had Mike help me with getting Lady covered by Raven today. Lady's tail is so thick that it doesn't stay in a vet wrap very well and it helps if we have someone to hold the tail out of the way. Raven got the job accomplished and I've marked her down. She moved around more so I'm thinking she may be going out.
We moved in 5 round bales today. I'm so glad I had plenty, feeding 32 horses we are going through 6-7 bales a week. We are so blessed to have the Middle Farm acres, it really saves on hay once the grass is up.
The Andalusian mare's owner wants to bring her on the 11th but we will be in Alabama until the 12th and Mike and Diane are leaving on the 10th. I will probably give them Steven's phone number and let him meet them.
It looks like I have a Belgian mare going to be coming in for breeding. This will be the first time we have crossed Raven with a Belgian. The mare is 12 years old and pushing 17 hands, this will be a TALL foal! The owner is a very nice lady from IL and she raises New Zealand Jersey milk cows. I asked her to bring me pictures. I used to raise Jerseys and I miss my cows.

No comments:

Post a Comment