Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lily's Filly's Turn Out


Today when I got to the farm, I took Lily and her filly, still to be named, out into the field for grazing. The filly had so much fun running around her mom. The filly started with small circles around her but it soon grew too large for Lily's comfort. She is a little over 1 day old and is so big and strong. I let them graze while I cleaned stalls, water buckets and the aisle ways, then brought them in for Lily's grain.
Lady is not in, that was disappointing, I sure hope we didn't miss her. With the sonagram, Dr. Hoerr told me to try her in 2 days and that should have been today. I'll have Mike try tonight and then I'll try tomorrow. She is great to get out of the paddock. I called her, she was laying down in the hay, she got up and came right over so I didn't have to walk in the mud. We had more rain yesterday and it was sprinkling as I was driving out to the farm. We usually have around 6 inches of rain from early March to early May but as of yesterday we have had 13 inches. No wonder we have mud. The farmers cannot get into the fields for planting. This week doesn't look any better with rain predicted for the next 3 days.
Chiquita's owner called and he is coming early next week to pick her up. She has been a nice mare to have around and if someone wanted to buy her the owner is willing to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment