Thursday, October 11, 2018

Visitation for Michael Herman

Around 11:30 am I tried to sneak into Diane's office to get a large manila envelope to mail out a registration. I didn't see her car so walked right in and told Jennifer, "I'm just here to get an envelope." When Diane quickly opened the window from her office and exclaims, "You are NOT getting out of here that easy." Boy did I ever jump! There was a bank statement waiting to be reconciled. Of course I groaned, slumped and dragged my feet into her office. Well the good news was she was kind of in a hurry and decided it was much better to help by sitting there and just having me tell her what was in the checkbook.  We were done in less than 20 minutes. As that is a record for me, we celebrated by going to lunch at the Warehouse in Hanna City.
After Karin got off work, I really put her to work today. We have the farrier coming for Zalena's colt and he needed to be brought inside, haltered and his hooves picked up. It is a two person job with foals. He was put in the small stall and Zalena put in the stall opposite. She got to eat grain while he got some schooling and did very well with what ever we asked of him.  Karin really came here to ride but the weanlings needed to be handled so she gave up her few precious hours to help me instead of having a good time riding.  All of the foals were brought inside and each one worked with. Below is Lily's colt.
 He got a new blue halter then was led outside to practice trailer loading. 
That went well so he was just put back in the paddock and Foxy's filly brought in.
 She got a haltering lesson, then also led out to the trailer. 
 She didn't even hesitate, just jumped right in after Karin. 
 She was taken back outside.
Jewel's filly was next.
 She too got a haltering lesson,
 all of her hooves picked up,
 and a trailer loading lesson. 
 She was perfect. 
Rosaleigh's filly was next. She is leaving for her home on Saturday and I wanted to get some action  shots of her for the website. She is a beautiful mover and a gorgeous Friesian filly.

Last Madiera's filly was worked with. This is a very sweet filly. She was given a haltering lesson, and did very well with her hooves getting handled then taken outside for some action shots in the round pen.

 She really pushes off from behind and who ever buys her is going to LOVE this filly. 
 Check out that action. She really is something special. 
Karin did a wonderful job with each and everyone of these weanlings and I can't thank her enough. We both had to quit though, she needed to get back to Farmington and mom and I were going to the visitation for Michael Herman.  When we got there the line was already long. Beth, Joan and Sarah were there and they left their spot in line to come down to where we were. We had a good visit while waiting. That was a hard one for this family. Michael was only 44 years old and this was totally unexpected. 
Mom made a big pot of vegetable beef soup and invited us over for a late dinner. I still need to get out to take care of Sheena one more time before heading to bed but want to write one more thing.
Another review came in from the guests that stayed in the apartment while I was in Gulf Shores. She writes:  If you love horses or want to know what it's like to spend the night on a farm, this is the place for you. This is a really unique opportunity on airbnb. The apartment's back door opens right up to the horse stalls. There were two four-month-old horses right next to the accommodation. You can see them interact and play right outside the kitchen window. Get up early -- it's quite beautiful in the early AM. Fall, I'm sure, would be perfect here. We got to feed the horses and pet them in the morning right when we woke up. They're quite friendly. Also, try to get out at night -- Turn off the lights in the house -- and look up at the stars! The house is a little dark at night, but we loved our stay and would happily stay again. 
 She also wrote a note to me privately:  We had such a nice stay! We loved being able to interact with your horses, especially the 4-month-old ones! Loved our stay. So beautiful -- especially in the early morning! It was my niece's first time on a farm and I'm sure it will be one she won't ever forget! We briefly met your sister, as well. And she was very kind and answered all of our questions. I would gladly stay again!
 I agreed with her, the apartment is a little dark and now that someone besides me complained Mark WILL let me get more lighting in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment