Thursday, September 17, 2015

Snake

Diane and I drove separate to Berean and it was a good thing. While she was getting the mail new volunteers showed up and we put everyone to work folding studies while waiting for Diane. We mailed out 384 Bibles today, good thing we had a light mail day. Below is a short video and a few pictures of some of the work.
 Anna came today with Roma, we are thrilled when someone new is willing to come help.
 Below Eva Jean had been wrapping Bibles, just check out the mess under her chair.
 Rhoda called while we were still at work. She was watching Israel today and brought him to the farm. They were in the house when a snake came crawling out of the floor vent. Israel was shocked and very very impressed with how fast this snake slithered under the desk. Rhoda had the dogs help her get the snake outside. By the time I got home she had just put Israel down for a nap. She was willing to work Serenity if I would listen for Israel to wake up. I snapped a few pictures of her training session. 
 Jewel, her colt, Whitney, her filly and Rosalie came running up to see who was being trained.


I was so impressed with how Serenity responds to Rhoda's training when I came back from checking on Israel I grabbed the video camera and took a short video.
It was really hot out so the training was cut pretty short. At 3:00 pm Rhoda decided Israel needed to get up from his nap and believe it or not she woke him up. While she showered Israel and I went to the playground.

I thought he would forget about the snake if he played hard but when great grandma came over he was quick to tell her, "snake!" and pointed to the vent. This 2 year old is just too smart. Mom brought Molly over for Rhoda to trim nails. Today was bath time for the dogs. Rhoda gave Darcy a bath and mom gave Molly a bath. I wonder who worked harder?
The weanlings were moved into a new stall this evening across the aisle and their very wet filthy stall was stripped. That is almost stripped, I quit after 2 loads and will finish tomorrow. Emma's colt insists on dumping every water bucket he has. Maybe they will keep the other stall drier.

No comments:

Post a Comment