Saturday, May 31, 2014

Should We Grieve for the Old School Center?

A few videos of functions at the Old School Center before it burned down. I had some time this afternoon and visited memory lane by watching these videos. Below is Senior High Boy's camp, what memories, what memories The video below is of the Canton School kids coming to spend the day at the Old School Center The video below is the Meister cousins performing the Everything Skit for the Zeug reunion The video below is David giving the message during one of the Worship and Praise sessions The video below is of the 2011 Meister Christmas which was always held at the Old School Center The video below is of us girls, that is 7 of the 8 Meister girls singing Heirlooms.
 This building was so enjoyed and used by many many different camps, family reunions, retreats, worship services, fun and fellowship. Today was spent remembering and grieving over the loss of the building but some family will be grieving over the loss of a family member. Dan wrote this today and posted it on Facebook: facebook asks "What's on your mind?" ... loaded question, don't you think?... What is on my mind? My thoughts shift between a grieving family somewhere or the poor soul that on possibly his final act before entering eternity was to burn a building that was used mightily for Gods purposes. It must be horrifying to stand before the Holy One to face judgment when your last act on earth was against His bride.. What would I say to his family if I met them? Would I mention that their husband/father probably destroyed me financially? Ruined something my family had poured our heart into and that was working well for everyone? Or would I understand their hurt and grieve with them? Does God like vengeance? Does He love to Get even by sending a soul to everlasting torment? Or does He grieve over the choices of the wayward son that ran away from His goodness. Back in grade school there was this kid that never seemed to get things right. He didn't get good grades, couldn't make friends, said the wrong things at all the wrong times... His Father would try to help him,, give advice, lead by example, pray for him.. what ever he could do to help.. In the same school was a bully,, he would torment the kid.. always remind him of his flaws,, loudly,,, shaming,,,,,for all to hear... even for the clothes he wore which was often full of holes and threadbare, but was all the Father could afford...... Insulting the family of the boy,,, ridiculing his dad,,,, while the boy could do nothing but stand with his head down in acknowledgment. I need to invent a Fathometer... to help me accurately read which influence I listen to now... to understand the heart of the Father is always to lift his son up,, to never shame or embarrass him,, to encourage, teach, to love... The bully is interested in only our destruction.. to impede and cause doubt about the love of the Father,,, What would I say to the mans family? would I be the bully to them.... Or would I be an ambassador of the Fathers love?.... When I let the bully bully me I become the bully to someone else.. When I let the Love of the Father love me, I have only love for everyone else....... I should always remember,, someone else paid for my ticket to the Kings table.. I had nothing good to offer........so I can not play the victim now.....God gives and He takes away.. Blessed be His name

No comments:

Post a Comment