Sunday, November 25, 2012

Welcome Company

Bill Schick was our visiting minister today in church coming all the way from Mexico. We were blessed to have him speak at both the morning and the afternoon service. The phone was left at home today and when we arrived home there were messages, very welcome messages. One was from Amy Koch asking if she could bring some dinner over. When she arrived she brought enough to vegetable beef soup to feed at least 20 people along with all the wonderful fixins to make a nice meal. Diane was called to see if the Honeggers would join us for dinner but her daughter-in-law Rachel brought dinner over to them and she had already invited mom. We decided to combine the 2 dinners and all eat at Diane's. Below is Amy's special beef soup combined with Rachel's special recipe of venison loaf, salad and Amy's rolls. Since I didn't have the camera with me the phone was pulled out and a few pictures snapped.
Rachel also made squash soupl. Rachel's venison loaf was so delicious we all want the recipe, now we just need to get the guys to go shoot us a deer. Below is Rachel with her very colorful meal including the squash soup.
Just in case one cannot see how pretty this meal is a close up was taken of the food.
For dessert Amy brought over cherry pie a la Mode along with mom's pumpkin pie, whip cream and pecan pie. We enjoyed the dinner as much as the visiting after. Once home I had to figure out how to get the pictures off the phone and onto the computer. It only took 10-15 minutes to figure it out. Either I'm getting smarter on this electronic stuff or they are dumbing phone cameras down. The weather was still nice and I needed a bale moved into the middle paddock so Mark spent about an hour scraping the paddock first. If the weather holds we may get a few more cleaned out before winter hits. The other email that came today almost brought tears to my eyes. I've posted it below: Hi Judy, I wanted to send you a picture of Jenis, a Raven daughter born March 28th 2010. I bought her from Beth Ulrici and I can't tell you what a wonderful filly she is. She is so calm like a horse I have never seen. She drives and I'm looking forward to riding her in a few more months. I have been on her back and she could care less. I was sadden when I heard of Raven's passing. What wonderful qualities he passed on to his babies. I was born in Rockford Ill. and the third oldest from eleven children, how funny is that as I read you are too. My grandson loves to visit and spend time with the horses. Enjoy the pictures,Nancy Yankus

No comments:

Post a Comment