Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Machines

It was a rough night, tossing and turning, we probably should have turned the air conditioning on the fans just weren't doing the job. This morning after the walk the cotton candy machine, snow cone machine and all the supplies for both need to be loaded into the car and taken to our home on skyline drive. They are having some kind of fun day and asked to borrow them for tomorrow. They have to be taken today to give the lady running them lessons. She is available this morning only. Perhaps the car SHOULD be cleaned up first! Both dogs are shedding and even with the seat protector and sheet we put down we still get dog hair when they ride in the car. Both dogs came with us 2 nights ago when we made the emergency trip to the farm.
The ever present rain has made some of us testy including myself. We moved Raven into the breeding shed to give him some time off the mud, then trying to move in a round bale with the John Deere as the skid steer has the hydraulic leak, the tractor slips, slams into a main side beam and snaps it breaking it in 2. Raven must be taken back into his own muddy paddock. The Yanmar is at Middle Grove so the beam can't be dug out. Mike used the John Deere to support the barn while he tries to repair. All three sets of my barn tennis shoes are still wet so yesterday I was at work in water shoes. Leading Raven into his paddock with water shoes was not a good idea, one got stuck and lost and for me there is nothing worse than stepping in mud barefoot..gives me the shudders, yuk. Today I'll wear the nice boots Diane found at a garage sale. She left them for me in the office. God is in control, I WILL deal with the mud, no not just deal with the mud, there must be something to be glad about and today I will find something to rejoice in. After all, this IS the day the Lord hath made, I WILL rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment