Friday, March 1, 2024

Two Trips

Mike sent another text with another picture of Lily and her foal from his trail camera. This one was taken during the night and the colt still looked great. Now there was no real reason to pick them up. I am not going to breed Lily on her foal heat, I don't want another February foal. I'm just thanking God that this February 29th was warm. Mark and I left for Middle Grove at 7:30 am and arrived shortly after 8:00 am. The truck and trailer were driven up the hill and into the big field where the hay bales are out. The colt was laying down but when we arrived he jumped up and started following Lily. Lily was heading to the lake for a drink but a bunch of the horses came running up and crowded around the trailer. Mark was surrounded. When I started walking toward the lake most of them realized Lily had already started that way and they took off running to catch up. All except Valerie and Tessa who demanded that Mark pet them first. 

The foal is a colt. Of course I had to take a lot of pictures for the website.
He is a silver so will end up pitch black.
We checked over the colt pretty well but each time we tried to get Lily to the trailer the other horses would get between us and her baby and she was just too worried. I didn't want her to keep running as the colt was so young. Since the weather is a decent we decided to leave them there. I am not going to be breeding Lily on her foal heat and I do not want another February foaling so there really is no hurry to get them home. I took Mark home then drove back to Middle Grove to make sure he was nursing well and all of his plumbing worked. YEP that worked just FINE!
I stayed until noon taking lots of pictures of the him, his siblings and the rest of the horses. IF you would like to see these pictures of this colt click HERE to see the rest of the pictures taken today click HERE. Below is a video of the colt.
While I was gone Mark was removing T posts from  Joan's field.
I got home just in time to meet the people coming to look at the barn. They liked it and are going to use it March 23rd, from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm. I told Anna she is in charge as I will be on my way to Gulf Shores on that date. After they left Mark and I drove to Aldi to pick up some much needed groceries. We got home just before 4:00 pm so I immediately started cooking supper. Tonight was our turn to bring supper over for Karin and mom. Last Friday Karin cooked for us so this was payback time. I made Korean chicken served that with a stir fry of asparagus, 3 kinds of peppers, mushrooms, onion, water chestnuts, carrots and broccoli. To that I added home made teriyaki sauce and spaghetti noodles that had been boiled then stir fried in the teriyaki sauce. We had raspberry flips for dessert. We feasted. It really was tasty and I enjoyed it. Of course I had lots of dishes to do when we got home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment