Saturday, March 30, 2024

Home

 We planned on getting up around 2:00 am to leave for home but that didn't quite turn out. We all went to bed around 7:30 pm but phone call, after phone call and text after text happened on my phone. I think I finally fell asleep around 11:00 pm. Then came the sirens, loud police sirens starting up right at our condo. That woke up everyone and by 1:45 am we were on the road. Sarah started driving and while she drove we dozed or slept in the car. She stopped at 5:30 am, I took over and drove until after 10:00 when we finally stopped at a Loves gas station for gas and to get some breakfast. They didn't have much hot food for sale but I bought a hot dog. That was the toughest hotdog ever. I guess I've never had a gas station hot dog before but sure thought they would be better. Nolan took over and around 1:00 pm  we were driving through St. Louis. 

We were going over the bridge into Peoria at 3:08 pm and made it Nolan and Sarah's by 3:15 pm. It took 13 and a half hours. We had just 2 stops for gas (and that awful hotdog). My car had been left at their house so as soon as my stuff was unloaded from their car and into mine I was on the final leg of the journey. I'm glad to be home. It was a very relaxing vacation. Sarah cooked all of the meals and even did most of the clean up. We had good walks on the beach, sitting around the pool, enjoying the hot tub and just being together. All of the pictures and videos were moved from the laptop to the desktop this evening and a video is now in the works from day one to the last day. That is posted below.  All of the travelers are now safe at home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment