Saturday, March 16, 2024

Champions Again

 I was up before 5:00 am and had to wait for the coffee maker this morning. As it is Saturday there is no walk so I had lots of quiet time to read. I had time to listen to Jeff Waibel give a message in Leo on Sunday March 10th. This was quite a history lesson and much more. To watch this service click HERE. Mark wanted a big breakfast and needed it by 7:00 am as he needed to leave by 7:30 for church. Today was church cleaning. I also needed to leave at 7:30 am but stopped to check on Lily and her colt. He is doing great. 

I was driving into the drive when I got the message that my airbnb guest moved out I had just one hour to get it cleaned up before needing to be at mom's house. I'm thankful we have extra sets of sheets and towels as there was no time to get the laundry done. Diane needed to leave by noon. Mom and I had lunch then went out on the deck. She wanted to see if the lettuce was coming up. I took a picture of the box to show her. 

I took a close up of what was coming up.
The pictures weren't good enough, mom wanted to be turned around and taken to the edge of the deck to see of herself. I should have thought of that first. We enjoyed the sunshine but not the wind. When the clouds came we needed to go back inside. When Karin arrived I went back to the apartment to finish the few things that still needed to be done.  The flat sheets and the pillow cases from the apartment were put in the dryer. The 2 fitted sheets were put out on the line to dry. That didn't work too well. The wind was just too strong.
They were brought inside and finished drying as soon as the other sheets were dry. 
I had to flip the apartment since Phil and Anna was in the volleyball tournament in Eureka. Their team played last year in this tournament and won last year and then won again this year.
The team is called the Meisters and consist of Nolan, Philip, Anna, Ben, Rhoda and Tyler. These 6 players have played now in this tournament for 3 years and have won it now 3 years in a row. They said this year the competition was much harder and each game was a battle. 
Mark got home from church cleaning and said it was a good group, he was working with David on cleaning coat racks. Israel and Elisabet helped too.
We had an early supper tonight was neither of us had much lunch. Below is Mark's plate.
I chose to have a salad with some strips of chicken on top. The wind was still really strong and seeping into the house. The temperature is dropping so Mark made a nice fire in the wood burner.
We were both enjoying the heat while reading.









No comments:

Post a Comment