Thursday, March 14, 2024

Inside Spring Cleaning

 We had a big storm during the night, lots of lightning, crashes of thunder and by the time the rain stopped 2 inches of that life giving fluid. We are so thankful. The fields are getting great drinks and the grass is growing quickly. It was still raining during the walk time so that was cancelled. I spent most of the morning and even part of the afternoon doing a big spring cleaning on the upstairs of this house. I had so much to go through as each time I sold a 5th wheel and the other campers I brought the supplies and bedding into the house and put it in the upstairs incase it would be needed. Well we are not buying any more campers or 5th wheels and I don't need any more bedding for the barn or the apartment. The closets also really needed to be gone through. I think I swept up a couple hundred Asian beetles. How and why do those pesky things end up inside? I found 2 airbeds. The one below was blown up and left just to see if there are any leaks.

The other airbed did not have an automatic blower attached so that was brought down stairs for Mark to check out. I really like the cuddledud comforter I brought in from the old 5th wheel. 
It looks much nicer than the blue down comforter I had on this bed. I now have 2 down comforters in tubs and stored in the closet. Those are too nice to give away and we might need them some day. The other bedroom I left how it was just gave it a good cleaning.
Below is a close up of the grand children on one of our vacations to Gulf Shores. We only had 10 at the time and Rhoda had just announced number 11 was on the way. Addyson and Braelyn are holding up Iris' t-shirt although at the time we didn't know the gender or her name.
I think we need another vacation so we can get another updated picture with all 14 of them.
Even the upstairs bathroom was given a good scrubbing.
When we moved into this house we needed to add a bathroom upstairs. We found a way to do it by using the end of the hall and some of the bedroom for the shower.
I'm glad to have that job done.
The daffodil bed is expanding. Mark planted over 50 bulbs a couple years ago of all kinds of tulips and daffodils and only the daffodils survived but they are going well.
We had some sunshine but soon the dark clouds came in.
Lily was let out later this afternoon. Both were glad to get out.
Mark went on an estimate and when he got home this evening brought his air compressor down so we could blow up the second air bed. Both seem to be holding air so far. 
I took a run to the dumpster with so many old sheets. In the olden days those would be used for drop cloths but we are not doing that kind of work anymore. None of the sheets were good enough to give away. The new fluffy pillow shams were taken over to mom's house. Mark wanted a couple of the old comforters to use for moving furniture so those will be taken to his back garage.  Just before dark I took the golf  cart up to the barn to put Lily away. She knows the routine and ran back to the field with her colt. I just had to shut the gate. Tomorrow we are going to move her and her colt over to the cabin field. Diane has guests coming in and they would like to see the new baby.





No comments:

Post a Comment