Saturday, August 19, 2017

Help Wanted? NOPE

I was about to put out a help wanted plea but even before I could that help came in the form of Rhoda. She is going to be coming 3 days a week. YEAH!!! There is no one I'd rather have, she has the instinct needed to get the best out of each foal, they all just seem to trust her. She can ride anything we put under her (well maybe not a mad crazy pony) and catches a problem BEFORE it happens. She trained Ayanna (our most talented mare) and then willingly shared her, letting others show her.


She took Rosalie (Lily x Raven) as a coming three year old who was not the typical easy to train Friesian. This mare was huge and strong. She had grown up at Middle Grove and if she didn't like something she would jump out and fly like the wind, usually breaking boards in the process. Rosalie was taken this year to the Horse Fair where she looked and acted like a horse worth a million bucks.
She had this mare who was terrified of flying things around or on her riding quietly while carrying a sheet. 
We always gave Rhoda the hard horses and she turned them into sweet quiet willing workers that throw beautiful babies. She has trained hundreds of our harder horses over the years and made them beginner safe. And to think she is coming to work here!
I wanted to make one thing right in a previous blog. When mom mentioned I was being a drama queen it was all in good fun. Mom really is very sympathetic and the first person to offer to help. When I mentioned the vet was coming on Monday for sonagrams she offered to help hold horses. But that looks pretty bad to have my 85 year old mother doing something she thinks is too dangerous for me to do so I turned her down. I love my mom and want to set the record straight since she is now taking some flack for that statement.

2 comments:

  1. So happy God is providing and sending the help you need at just the right time. Hoping and praying that surgery goes perfectly and you have a speedy, complete recovery!

    ReplyDelete