Thursday, August 10, 2017

Exhausting That Sitting Around

The hotel had a shuttle that took us right where we needed to go but we had to arrive almost an hour early. This building (the Hilton) should have been called vampire building, you know where they take your blood and smile while doing it. There were so many people lined up sitting in chairs facing forward that it seemed we were on a cruise waiting for the show to start. There were 3 doors in the front and every few seconds someone would come out one of the doors and announce a name. My name was called 1 minute before my appointment time and it was shocking how quickly the vein was punctured and how many tubes of blood were needed. It seemed like they took about a pint. These people were so good that I didn't even have a bruise when finished. That has never happened before. Each time I've given blood, I've given a gallon and a pint,  in the past my arm is all bruised up. After satisfying the blood lady I was allowed to eat breakfast. We ate at the hospital cafeteria. A big scoop of scrambled eggs was just 59 cents but I'm not exactly sure they were real eggs. They just didn't taste right. A sausage patty was only 50 cents but a biscuit with gravy was $1.99. I asked them to just give me the biscuit but when I went to grab one of those little square plastic jams to put on the biscuit it was 69 cents PER JAM! I just couldn't make myself buy one.
The next test was the ECG. I showed up a half hour early and they took me right in, the next test was the chest x-ray and again they took me right in even though we went about 45 minutes early. I was so thrilled that I went right up at 11:30 am to the place where the last test was scheduled at 1:40pm only to be told this test I could not take early. Mark and I spent quite a bit of time walking first around Mayo Clinic gawking like the tourist we are. Check some of the sculptures they had hanging around.

I found this card in one of the gift shops.
I was too cheap to buy it, the cost was $4.50 but thought it fit me pretty well. Next we went outside checking out all the vendor booths on First street.We stopped at a couple fountains.

Each Thursday the town of Rochester has what is called Thursday on First street. There were lots of crafts and food booths, Mark bought a grape leaf gyro to eat for lunch. He said it was so-so and he probably wouldn't try that again.  We finally got tired and went up to wait for the endocardiogram. That test took a long time but I got to lay down and rest while they were doing it. We had to wait about and hour for the shuttle to take us back to the hotel to pick up our car and drive to the next hotel. Karin sent news from home via a text that Coke was teased and is now out, we will need to schedule an ultrasound in 16 days. Roxanne was still in a standing heat and was covered by Evan. Glad she is there taking care of things.   Rhoda and Sarah had already arrived at the Holiday Inn Express. We checked in and left pretty quickly for dinner. We ate a Mongolian restaurant that was delicious and well worth the $13.99 a plate. We got back to the hotel, enjoyed the pool and hot tub and now are getting ready to have an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment