Saturday, July 18, 2015

Roofing

The kids really did start at 6:00 am today. Rhoda and Lee spent the night at grandma's house so they didn't have to drive so far in the morning and came over here right at 6:00 am to drop off their dog then head to Phil and Anna's house to join up with Philip, David, Ben and Austin. Anna brought Ash and Anthony drove all the way from Iowa to join in the fun. Lee was put to work on clean up while the others were tearing off the shingles.


They took a lunch break at 11:30 and came here to eat, re-hydrate and cool off. I took the girls to Diane's pond to play in the water for a few hours. After lunch they were more than ready to take a nap while the rest went back to work on the roofing. Mark helped move a round bale in the mare pasture while I filled water tanks. Anna's parents arrived and her dad went right to work with the boys while her mom came to play with the grand daughters. By late afternoon most of the roofing was finished. Phil will just have a few odds and ends. Once everyone had left I realized my phone was missing and started retracing everywhere I had gone with the girls using Mark's phone to call it over and over. While I was hiking through the fields Mark's phone went off with my number showing. My phone had ended up in Anna's beach bag and taken home with them but then Anna was wondering if we had seen Phil's phone. I got back to the house and started looking for that but no luck. It was too late to head over for after pictures, those will have to be taken later.

No comments:

Post a Comment