Thursday, September 19, 2013

Head Cold

I woke up in the middle of the night in a panic, no air was getting through the nostrils and for some reason when sleeping can't breath through the mouth. Everything and I mean every little thing was a big effort today. My head feels like it is ready to explode.
Anna the new mare was teased and she showed. She was covered by Valiant then taken to the outdoor arena for a photo shoot for the website. Below are a few of the pictures the rest were uploaded and posted on the horsemeister website.



She was turned out with Jenis, Bunni, Eliza and Eliza's colt by Raven. He was so curious about her. He sure is a gorgeous example of a Friesian foal.
I needed to go to Sams for dog food and a new truck tire but just couldn't face working that hard. Instead I went down to Meisters and paid bills, then to Aldi's for groceries. When I arrived home there was a small dog sitting in the yard by the barn drive. At first I thought it was Ebby but soon realized it was the wrong color. Thinking it must be Joan and Tim's new renter's dog and it would go home I came inside, put the groceries away and started downloading books on the kindle for our upcoming trip to Gulf Shores. Quite a bit later I went out to move Anna and saw the dog still sitting in the same spot. He was a cute Yorkie, polite but a little skittish. I drove the car up to it, opened the door and told him to get in then drove him over to where I thought he belonged. Nope it wasn't their dog. This dog had a rabies tag so PAWS was called and they told me the name and number of the owner plus the name of the dog, Max. The owner asked if I would keep him for them for a couple of hours until they could get back from Farmington. Max was picked up tonight and will for sure need a bath and a good groom. He had been running through a pond and thistles.

No comments:

Post a Comment