Thursday, June 23, 2011

Insulators

Phil arrived just a bit after 7:00am with Braelyn and just as she was taken out of the truck his phone rang, Anna’s work called to say they didn’t need her. Braelyn went on our walk then Rebekah stayed at the apartment to meet the insulators while I took her home. As long as I was in East Peoria, Walmart was on the list for a few groceries. The meat prices are unbelievable. Perhaps it is time to buy a few cows. As I was pulling out of the parking lot Alice and Linda Durham saw the car and came over for a quick visit. They use to live in Bridlewood Apartments when I was managing them. They were actually shocked to find out we moved.
The insulators showed up right at 9:00am, Rebekah showed them what they were to do, then took off for home. When I arrived a bit later both men were sitting in the truck, foolishly they were asked if they had finished. They replied, “no we started working and this horse with her baby came in.” I think they were afraid of her and sat in the truck until someone came to put Sanna away. I say they were asked foolishly as this is job is taking much longer than expected. For some reason, I thought they just sprayed it on and a couple of hours later they would be done. They left at 3:20 with about a fourth of the stall area done and none in the garage.
Emma was acting a bit weird and since the insulator men were working in the stall area, a whelping area needed to be made in the apartment, just in case. Darcy promptly claimed it and doesn’t want to get up. Her old down comforter is one of the blankets we planned on using. As soon as it was on the floor Darcy knew it was hers. Emma will just have to wait to have these pups.
Steven arrived to do just a bit with Evan, we would like to train him to sit up we just haven't figured out how.
Mike and Diane have company visiting from Alaska, they took them trail riding to Sandridge. When they arrived back, Mike helped get Eliza covered. Tomorrow morning Kim’s mare Bridgett will be heavily teased and if in covered. I’ll need to leave by 6:34am and will skip the walk tomorrow. Anna for sure has to work tomorrow and Phil needs to be at a job site by 6:00am, it just makes sense for me to drive in, instead of Braelyn brought here at 5:00am.

1 comment:

  1. So Im confused..did you decide to go to Walmart SINCE you were in town, or were you already planning on going and would bring her back when you came? I distinctly remember saying multiple times I would come get her from your house but you said not to since you were coming in. Just want to make sure I'm not losing my marbles:) and taking advantage of a good situation.

    ReplyDelete