Sunday, February 21, 2010

Snow Flakes

Sitting this morning watching the big fat snow flakes drifting lazily down onto the bushes right outside my window and thinking "is winter ever going to be over?" Only one more week of February and usually we can get some very nice warm days in March so everyone just hang on, spring is coming.
Emma loves playing with my slippers so this morning only one can be found, outside to get the paper with one slipper brrrr. Our tile floors are so cold that my feet are sharing one, kind of funny hopping around everywhere with both feet in one slipper, not so, FIRST my right foot gets warm, THEN my left foot.
Mark has been coughing for 8 days now and it was so bad last night he went into one of the spare bedrooms. He will be staying home from church today. The choir sings at Gridley tonight and my throat is still sore, I should stay home but I desperately want to go to church and Gridley, I missed Wednesday night because of this throat and the last 2 Sundays we were on the cruise.
There was an email this morning from the IL Horse Fair, they want to know if we have any expert kids and would they be willing to put on a 4 minute demo at the 'Night of the Horse' both Friday and Saturday nights. How do I answer that? Since it was morning and I hadn't yet had my coffee, I told her to watch the vaulters during their Saturday performance and if she likes what she sees they could perform on Friday and Saturday. That was about as stupid as saying we can turn time backwards and didn't even catch it until now (while drinking coffee!)
Karin will have to make this decision and I'll give the Horse Fair contact lady her email. The other information she sent was kind of bad news, the vaulters still owe $100.00 for the entrance fee. I guess winning the stall decoration is different from winning crowd appeal we only get $100 off the $200.00 entrance fee. OH well the vaulters have money in their account so will need to get to the bank on Monday.
The Horse fair lady was emailed back with Karin's email address, Karin can make the decision way better than I could anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment