Monday, October 12, 2009

Tired!!!!

OK, This past weekend took more out of me than I thought. This morning it is pitch black, I'm stumbling around in my room trying to find clean clothes (no I didn't do laundry over the weekend) then I finally figured out if I turned on the light, it wouldn't be so hard to navigate.
Downstairs I practically run to the coffee maker and realize OH NO WE ARE OUT OF COFFEE! Out to the car, look down and no gas. Rhoda borrowed the car over the weekend and it is below E so I'd better stop and fill up. At the farm, I grained everyone, checked on the foals and saw Ciera lying on the side of the round bale at the bottom of the pen, I didn't want to go in the mud so just called her name and she lifted her head so I assumed she was fine. I got to mom's just before she and Heidi came out and we started walking when Ruth pulled up and joined us. As we did the farm loop I realized that Ciera hasn't moved, so I crawled over the fence, through the mud and saw she was cast up against the fence. Adrenaline does wonders and I was able to grab her tail and leg and pull her out enough she could get up. I think she weighs 1000 pounds, OK probably only about 600 pounds but it seemed like a thousand. I'm out of breath when Karin calls and wants to talk. I told her to join us and mom graciously offered to cook us breakfast AND make some coffee. DID that EVER taste good. After breakfast, Ruth, Karin and I pulled the sailboat out of the lake, rolled up the sail and carried the boat up below mom's deck for the winter and the sail, poles, and rudder into her garage for storage. Then over to the farm to clean stalls. I spent about an hour cleaning the three stalls and they still kind of smelled when I was done, Izadora has been in TOO long. The weather has just been so cold, wet and awful to expect her to be out in it and the mud is again terrible. This has been a strange year!
Back home I HAD to make a run to walmart for COFFEE, we cannot have another morning like this one! The sun never came out today. I didn't see it at all yesterday, it is COLD AND I WANT TO GO BACK TO GULF SHORES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment