Thursday, October 22, 2009

2 Pictures of Gabriel Reinhard



This morning as I was filling my car with gas I started thinking about the small things people do that mean the world to us right now. It started this morning from a phone call from mom wanting to know if I came in early morning with an egg casserole hot and ready to eat. Mom has a lot of company right now and she got up to start cooking and there was already breakfast prepared. I started asking around and found out Rachel brought it over. Yesterday Lisa Waibel called to arrange feeding everyone breakfast at the Old School Center, there are going to be around 60 people staying there and we don't have to worry about how they will be taken care of. Bob and Myrna Hoerr bringing over a big pot of chili with all the fixings needed to feed the army at mom's when we found out about Gabriel on Sunday. Amy Koch calling and offering 3 breakfast casseroles to help with all the company. Katie and Max Hoerr bringing over dinner last night, Karin's work (many involved) sending enough food to feed the army that is here. Aunt Bernie sending a huge pot of chicken and noodles, Eva Jean Schaefer making the song copies for the funeral and when I go to pick them up she has 2 trays of food prepared to send along also, Kathy Huthmann seeing Hannah and Bethany sobbing at the family visitation, leaving the line to sit and hug them. As I was thinking of these people I just started weeping again. It is all so overwhelming.

1 comment:

  1. Judy,

    I was so saddened when I heard this news. I cannot look at that little boy's face, and not see some of Aunt Rhoda, Uncle Nook, Sparky and Joanie. It sounds like many of those that I knew while growing up are still part of your extended "family". I wish I could be there, and please tell Joanie that I will be praying for her and her family and the Meister family. For all of the things you are grateful for, please know that I am grateful for having known your family.

    Joyce (Dreste) Teehan

    ReplyDelete