Monday, October 26, 2009

A 2 month old Friesian Filly by RAVEN

This morning we, Diane, Joan, mom, Barb Munther, Rachel and I walked in the mud and by the time we were almost finished, in the rain AGAIN! After the walk, Barb Munther went in to take some stitches out of Tim in various places before she left for her home in Ohio. I had to go in town for a funeral while the rest just went to work. By the time I got home Philip was here eating lunch, then Ruth and finally Mark came in all for lunch. After lunch I worked on the video of Sanna's filly. Rhoda and Monica took some video clips of her yesterday and wanted them uploaded on youtube. The problem is that the music we attach to the videos will no longer be accepted on youtube. It seems we must use their music. While I was waiting for the uploading, I made 4 pumpkin pies to share around.
I still need to get out to check on the Friesian foals, I can see them from the door, but I want them to look forward to people coming so will bring them some grain each time out. It is cute how all 4 are half siblings and all 4 are also now best friends. The mares were quiet this morning and so are the foals. The hard thing about weaning abruptly is the mare's udders, the easy thing is that they forget so fast and usually there is only a few hours of calling. We have weaned both ways and the easiest on both foals and mares is the abrupt taking the foals off the property. Even so it is about the only part of horse management I really do not like.
Below is the video of Sanna's Friesian Filly.

Sanna has given us 3 beautiful fillies, and this one is the BEST! She was born silver, is now very black and wow does she like to show off.

No comments:

Post a Comment