Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Is Tuesday Monday?

The storm moved in sometime during the night. The bright lightning flashes woke me up, the thunder crashed and the storm dumped a lot of rain here. I was hoping it was raining out at the farm so I had an excuse why I couldn't go walking but it wasn't raining so of course I had to call to tell the truth, I just didn't want to get up early.
Once down at work, the phone started ringing and Jamie is on the line telling me at least 20horses are out galloping around the field. One of the paddock gates was left unlatched and the horses must have just discovered it and pushed it open. Actually it wasn't 20 horses, there were only 7 out but it seemed like a lot according to Jamie. I told Jamie to just leave them and someone would show up later to call them in. Diane and mom had walked and the horses were all where they belonged not an hour earlier. Mike was already down at the court house and I would not get off until 1:30pm. I called Steven but he was also at work, he said he would get there in about an hour and a half. Jamie called back that Sanna walked into the barn to visit Izadora so they haltered her and walked her and her filly into the paddock and the rest followed. Everyone needed to be called back to tell them not to worry. Steven went to the farm anyway to grain Izadora, Jenis and Raven and he moved in the round bales off the field. We got 16 full ones and one small one off this cutting. He moved 2 in with the horses and they were eating it fine. It got rained on so is not the highest nutrition but still most of our horses are fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment