Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Sweet Harmony

While feeding the horses this morning I glanced toward the east and had to take a second look. My first thought was something was on fire but quickly realized it was the sun breaking out of the darkness.
It really did almost look like a flame shooting up. We had a cold walk. I should have taken a picture of Mike on the John Deere plowing in front of us walkers. Yesterday we had Mark plowing a path and today Mike. Those guys take good care of their wives. Diane drove today taking Emily, Rhoda and I to the shop for  Berean. Mom drove separately as she brought Molly down with her.
 Molly is so good down at Meisters, not making a peep and just staying right beside mom. We had a wonderful crew of 11 today and worked like a well oiled machine.
 Above Diane is lining mom out while below Philip is getting the second computer up and running, Kathy and Dave are reading the letters, Shirley and Eva Jean are opening mail and Emily is working on the copier.

 Above Rhoda is explaining to Joyce the next step with the study process and below Eva Jean, Kathy, Joyce and Shirley are stuffing envelopes.

 Dan and Dave are labeling the Bibles to be sent out while Emily is loading them into the boxes.

By the time noon rolled around we were ready to haul the studies and Bibles to the post office and quit for the day. AMAZING! This is the first time we have been able to finish by noon in months. Everyone knows their job and works together in sweet harmony.
We had over a hundred letters but I'll just type out 2 shorter ones. The first one exactly as written: 
Friend Thank you! So, much for loving me, When no else does. And caring so much, to keep sending me such God anointed and Blessed, Holy Spirit Teachings. Thank you! Brother Jerry
The second one also as written: 
Greetings Saints, Thanking our Heavenly Father for you and your Bible Study Program.  Taking this time to say Thank you! for helping me to obtain knowledge of his word and ways.  I'm happy to announce that my tenure of incarceration will in a few days will be coming to an end.  Thank God! Nevertheless, my newness in him, his teachings, his way and Knowledge is just beginning. I wish to continue my studies in our study program so blessfully forward all communication to my home address. Thank you! Thank you! God Bless!Choir started back up tonight and I was pretty sure it was my turn to serve lunch. Sure enough Eddie sent an email reminding me. That worked out well, driving to Sams first then choir. Jeanette and Roma happened to come early and gave me a hand getting the food ready, then Shari helped get the food out onto the counter when the practice was over. Diane, Joan, Sarah, Hannah, Spark and Rhonda all came together and all stayed to help with the clean up. Many hands truly do make light work. Our theme song for the year is Sweet Harmony and today was a day filled with sweet harmony in blending our voices and talents working together. 
When I arrived home from choir Anna was brought inside and her stall cleaned. It is currently negative 4 degrees, that is -4 or 4 BELOW zero. The weather men have been promising warmer weather to come. Not sure if we believe them any more but we don't care, "the cold never bothered me anyway" NOT TRUE it's just that we are leaving to cruise Caribbean in just 10 days with 40 wonderful people. By the way if anyone else is sick of the cold there is still room on the boat. We are taking the Berean bus leaving from the Peoria church on Jan 23rd, 2015 and will arrive home late Thursday Jan 29th. We can't afford a gospel cruise so are doing our best to make this cruise one. Diane called the cruise line yesterday to see if we could reserve a room after dinner as we are bringing instruments and the lady asks, "are you going to be performing?"

No comments:

Post a Comment