Sunday, January 18, 2015

Age = Wisdom

Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
Tim Roecker had the morning service opening to Psalm 107 and 3 times in that chapter the verse above is written down for us to read. 
Tim Funk had the afternoon service. We were reminded of how with age comes wisdom and how to be truly great in God's kingdom we must learn to be the servant of all. Do we learn to serve with age? Does it seem our youth today want to be served by us old folks?  
Right after the service Spark drove mom, Diane, Joan and I to Tremont for Francie Koch's visitation. It was a blessing to be there, reconnecting with so many people from our past. Amy, Francie's daughter-in-law had a double whammy this weekend, her mother was taken to the hospital with congestive heart failure. Thankfully Clarky was treated and released and doing well. 
Phil and Anna brought the girls over for a few hours today and Rhoda brought over a puppy to help entertain them. There is nothing sweeter than a Golden Retriever puppy playing with the grand daughters. 
Emily is back from her house sitting job so took over my chores and brought Anna in for the night. She is not progressing, her udder has not changed in the last few days so we still have some time. Mike, Diane, Spark, Rhonda, Joan, Tim, Sarah, Hannah, Rhoda and I are leaving for the cruise on Friday morning. I"m starting to think Anna is deliberately waiting until I leave to drop this foal. 
On a nice note Amanda the owner of Eliza's 2014 filly by Valiant sent this note and pictures:
Here is a little something I put together of Tryn, I thought you might like it. Also there is a cute pic of Tryn saying hi to my sisters 10yr old daughter. I can't get over how long her mane is already! It's much longer than Rayje's was at that age! (8months) I just bought a fancy new camera, so I can't wait until spring/summer to get some really good shots! 

thanks Amanda!

No comments:

Post a Comment