Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Killian Matures

Killian became a stallion today, covering his first mare. Emily was called to explain he won't be coming to her house, she will be taken Indy instead as soon as Indy is confirmed in foal. I could not find the placenta from Zalena's tragedy today. If she doesn't deliver that by tomorrow she will need to go to Dr. Hoerrs for a clean out. She may have delivered it but we just can't find it. Steven brought Ribbon and Marika in today for a good groom. Ribbon was left in, Marika was put back out with Jenis. Zalena was brought inside, she is content as long as Ribbon is in the next stall over. Too bad I didn't try that last night. So many times today the question 'why' pounded into my brain, why didn't I leave her in, why didn't I wake up during the night to check on her, why did she deliver when the test showed she wasn't ready, why, why, why? Well God knew this was going to happen, we are to give thanks for everything, not just the good things and I truly believe good will come from this, my mind just can't comprehend how right now. Honestly today was really hard and I was wondering if maybe we should just quit, sell all the horses and live life with less heart break. Then Dee, Olympia's owner called to tell me how wonderful her filly is and how these horses are so special that we shouldn't give up, we should think of all the happy customers that were lucky enough to have one of our foals. Thanks Dee for the encouraging words, it helped with this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment