Friday, April 21, 2023

Sold & Sold

Early this morning the mares were let into the back field so they could graze. Tatiana's filly walked right by me and I noticed for the first time she has a small star. I think those hairs must have been covered with dust on the morning of her birth. 

Lily and Rosalie were already busy grazing in the pond pasture. 
Rosalie saw me first so turned to watch to see if I come give her attention.
Right after our walk I took the golf cart over to mom's house. Today was my turn to spend the day with mom.  We visited Iceland, Alaska and Utah on travel vlogs and really enjoyed them. We saw a bluebird under the flowering crab tree but when I got the phone out to take a picture it flew away so instead I took a couple pictures of the flowers on the flowering crab. 

I watched the feeder for a while to see if the bluebird would come to the back of the house but it didn't while I was there.
At 11:00 am Anna came over to relieve me so I could show the camper.
The man that came bought it.
About that time Rhoda found a pretty new looking but used front load washer and dryer from a couple in LeRoy, IL who were moving and were giving it away for free. Anna left to go help Phil pick it up and bring it back here for the barn.  Rhoda came here to paint at the barn but stopped at Hoerr Vet clinic first to pick up Jewel's meds for the next week. Brother John arrived from Missouri to see mom so when Karin got back the two of us went to the barn so he could see the progress. Rhoda took the picture below of these two crippled up old siblings.
When John left I grabbed Jewel's Exceed shot and 30 cc's of sulfa. Jewel was in the shelter and came right to me so she could hand graze. She gets the sulfa then gets grass as a treat. She didn't stand very well for the shot of Exceed but w got the job done. At 4:00 pm Mark, mom, Karin and I met Ralph and Jamie at Longhorn steakhouse. Ralph got a rack of ribs, Jamie got Salmon and the rest of us all got steak. It was truly delicous.
I got a phone call from Texas from repeat buyer. This man bought Roxanne's colt years ago we named Dublin. Dublin is all grown up and just gorgeous. Check out Dublin now!
He wants to buy Indy's colt and Tatiana's filly and is mailing the deposit for both of them. They won't be marked sold until the deposit comes but since he is a repeat buyer I'm not too worried.







No comments:

Post a Comment