Thursday, April 6, 2023

It's All in Who You Know

 Brr it was cold this morning. Mark went out to feed the cat while I took the golf cart and Rizzy to check the 5th wheel. I have a mouse trap set up there and need to check it everyday. No mouse but check out the puddle in the field. That is ice. It looked almost like stained glass.

The sun was just hitting the far end of the field and where the sun would hit the frost would melt.
Ruth is now back from her mini vacation to Nashville so we walked. Well Ruth, Joan, and 5 dogs walked while I drove the golf cart. Ruth brought Fedi's dog and Ryan's dog, Joan brought Sarah's dog and Rodney's dog and I brought Israel and Elsabet's dog. After the walk my morning was spent looking and calling for someone in the medical profession willing to give me an appointment. All the prompt cares I called would not give me an appointment and would say, "the best we can do is have you walk in and wait for an opening". I finally called our GP who happens to have a nurse practitioner which we know.  The receptionist told me upfront Andrea is booked solid but she will talk to her and call me back.  She called back in about an hour to report Andrea would make time to see me. All of this to just try to get some relief from hip pain so I can try to be productive during the day and sleep at night. Thankfully Andrea prescribed Meloxicam which is exactly the drug I was on for my last hip replacement 11 years ago. She called in a prescription at the Kroger in Bartonville. I stopped at Aldi first to give Kroger time to get it ready.  At Aldi I pick up 5 dozen eggs. 4 of those dozen will be hard boiled to dye Easter eggs. I'll be picking Nancy up on Saturday, she will go to Joan's house for that job then Joan will keep her overnight so she can 'find' her Easter basket in the morning. When I got to Kroger of course they hadn't filled the prescription yet and I had to wait while that was done. I finally got home about 4:00pm.  Mark was already home so we had an early dinner of Greek gyro's before he went out to start grading the driveways. The storms washed ours out so bad the cars would bottom out and we have airbnb guests coming in tomorrow which meant it had to be done today.
Lily, her filly and Rosalie were grazing in the pond pasture and didn't even react when that noisy contraption when past.
He worked until dark tonight on driveways and clearing shrubs by the side of the drives. 





No comments:

Post a Comment