Monday, April 10, 2023

Productive

 Ruth and 3 of her 5 grandchildren spent the night in her camper at the playground. When it came time for the walk, Riley, Blair and Jordan got to ride along since I no longer walk but drive. It was pretty chilly so Ruth bundled them up. 

Bethany joined us on the walk. We had so much fun rehashing funny things that happened over the weekend. 
I left right after the walk to drive to Kroger first to pick up a coffee cake and coffee filters then down to the Peoria post office to pick up the  Berean mail and also picked up 100 post card stamps and 100 of the additional ounce stamps. Many times Marvin or Kathy want to send extra study material to a prisoner and don't want to use 2 first class stamps when the cost is only 24 cents more. The coffee cake, filters and 150 cups were taken to Berean along with the mail for tomorrow and the stamps. On the way home the 5th wheel booked for tonight so as soon as I got home I went to work. The last people had used almost all of the dishes so those, the bedding and towels were taken down to the house. I'm thankful for good machines, the washing machine and dishwasher were loaded and started before starting the indoor cleaning. The black and gray water tanks were emptied. Taegan arrived right about then and turned on the hydrant so the fresh water tank could be filled. This renter is a woman with a 2 year old son coming from Minnesota and they wanted reasonable safe place out of the city to sleep for the night. Once the 5th wheel was cleaned my next job was to tease Lily. She is in and was ready to stand so she and her filly were put in the paddock next to Valiant then Lily taken out and tied to the breeding stand. The filly wasn't happy about being left and actually found her way out by climbing under and over the boards while Valiant was doing his job. She stayed far enough away that it was safe and once he was finished ran to her mom to nurse.  Valiant was hand grazed for about 10 minutes as his reward.  Next was Rosalie. I wasn't sure if she was ready to stand as she didn't show very well but she did and Evan also got the job done.  The horses were put away and my hands were washed well before changing the wash machine and getting the sheets in the dryer. While those were drying the dishes were unloaded and taken up to the 5th wheel. When I stepped out of the house there was a goose on my drive honking

When I walked towards him he turned away and at that point I heard honking coming from the house. His mate had landed on our roof.
My next job was to move a bale into Ribbon's old paddock so Irish and Tatiana could be moved into there and not have to compete with Lily and Rosalie for the bales in the middle paddock.  Both mares were moved over with no problem. Both are starting to bag up. Tatiana is due May 1st.  20 days away but usually delivers about 10 days early. Irish is due May 5th. 
The dryer had finished so when I finished moving the bale folded the sheets and towels and took them up to the 5th wheel to make the bed and put the towels in the cupboard. The renter asked if she could have a campfire so a bunch of kindling was split and stacked and the fire laid so she could easily start the fire. Mike took the horse trailer to middle grove to pick up the Tennessee Walkers. It will be nice to have the riding horses back. My grandchildren miss riding. Mark brought home fresh asparagus from Kroger so that was cooked for his meal and served with chicken salad. I'll need to stop at Sam's to pick up another rotisserie chicken as the last has been finished off completely now. As today is national sibling day Rhoda posted the picture below of her siblings, my 5. 
I used to say I am half the woman my mom was, the picture below is of me and my 10 siblings along with mom and her dog Miss Molly.
The renter arrived about 7:15 pm I showed her how to get hot water for showers then gave her a quick tour of the place and introduced her to the horses. It was a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment