Saturday, February 13, 2021

Nancy Tries to Pay

 It was snowing again this morning, such a light fluffy snow coming down in bitterly cold temperatures. As it was still pitch dark at 5:00 am I turned the outside lights on to see and saw beautiful glittering diamonds sparkling all over the white patio. I headed over to mom's before 8:00 am to brush her hair and feed the birds. She has all kinds of birds coming for food now that everything is snow covered. Mark and I brought in more wood but didn't do much outside other than that. The wind picked up this afternoon which caused below zero wind chills. At 4:00 pm I left to pick up Nancy for our dinner date. She hardly wanted to come out to the car, the frozen air took our breath away. It also took the car a long time to warm up but by the time I got to Morton it was nice and warm. We ate at the Pizza Ranch there in Morton which is owned by Julie and her husband. Julie owns Jewel's very first filly pictured below at a month old.


We named Olivia AND Julie bred her paint mare to Valiant and got a gorgeous all black colt that looks 100% Friesian. Julie showed me pictures of the colt which they named Dash. Hopefully they will forward the pictures of him for the website. Olivia is also beautiful and will be bred this year.  Both of our stallions do very well at passing their genes along. Nancy really enjoyed the dinner but we ALMOST came out of there richer than we went in.  When I leaned forward to sign the credit card receipt for the meal someone grabbed the tip can and slipped it into my purse. We made it all the way to the table and as I'm getting Nancy situated happened to look into my purse discovering the can. I picked it up wondering what it was and how did it get into my purse, turned it around and saw the word TIPS. Nancy was scolded and I marched it right back to the receptionist desk with the story, "my sister took this".  That stinker...she knows what money is and I guess thought it might help pay for the meal. The man there had a good laugh with me. 
Mom went to Joan's for dinner. After dinner Joan was hosting a taffy pull. It was plenty cold enough to freeze the taffy almost instantly.  It was already -1 on the way home from Morton and the wind chills were between -15 to -20.  

No comments:

Post a Comment