Sunday, February 7, 2021

Below Zero

It was 6 below zero this morning when we awoke and I was thrilled to see the wood burner still glowing with hot coals. The last log was added around midnight. Below Mark is getting dressed warm to head out to shovel the patio and was pleased the snow wasn't deep and very light. 

I drove over to mom's just before 9:00 am to get her hair brushed as her shoulder still won't allow her to put her hair up. Mark was picked up right at 9:15 am. The drives are pretty bad, a light snow on top of ice but the main roads were almost cleared off with drifting on the North to South roads. It was so good to be back in church after missing last week. David Obergfel had the message. I had been praying about how to respond to Marilyn's comment in a previous post since I usually don't post things political on here. The reason I posted that video was I had been hearing so many different opinions and was praying that God, who knew the truth, would allow me to learn the truth. Not that I had to have an answer, I know this is not my home, I know the end times are probably closer than any of us can imagine but was worried that my children or grand children would have to face much worse than any of our generation as evil is now portrayed as good. Well today it was reinforced AGAIN I am NOT to fret or worry.  David read Colossians 1 and then expounded on that chapter and more.  Growing up in Pleasant Home on Baer we had a plaque on our hallway wall that quoted a part of Colossians 1 vs 18 "that in ALL things HE will have the preeminence."  I would sit on the stairs reading that plaque and try to figure out what it meant. I was probably only 6 or 7 years old and didn't know Colossians was a chapter in the Bible and for sure didn't know what preeminence meant. It was the first BIG word I sounded out and remember well when at 16 years old I gave my heart to Jesus I realized what it meant. So it is not my place to fuss about politics God IS in control. Proverbs 21 vs 1: The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: He turns it whithersoever He will. Daniel 2:21 God removes kings and sets up kings. This afternoon Diane, Ruth, Joan, mom and I played games at mom's house. Joan told us such a heart warming story. Last night Spark and Rhonda stopped in at Joan's to visit with Nancy. She was SO pleased to see Spark. Well this morning Nancy was laying in bed giggling. When Joan asked why she was giggling Nancy replied, "my brother visited me!"  To think for MONTHS because of this pandemic Nancy's home was on lockdown and a lot of that time the residents were locked in their rooms.  They couldn't understand what was going on and this was done to try to keep Covid out of the home but when Covid finally got into the home 15 of the 16 residents got it including Nancy and ALL 15 had mild cases. THAT is the reason we can now take Nancy out of the home as she has had it and is over her quarantine.  At 4:30 Mark and I left for Phil and Anna's as they were hosting dinner tonight. Everyone came and we had an enjoyable evening. Below are a few pictures: 




The automatic waterers were all checked today and I was very pleased to find all were open and the horses drinking. Below Valiant is peeking out of his shelter: 
Mike went to Middle Grove and sent back this with the text " The underground spring is still flowing": 
This is wonderful news that even below zero the spring stays open. The horses actually found this spring a few years ago. There were no hoof prints by the automatic waterer that year and Mike was worried the horses might be getting shocked. The lakes and creeks were all frozen and the waterer was working fine so he started searching and found lots of hoof prints at one area and sure enough there was the spring coming up out of the frozen ground. Later we would see the horses drinking from it. 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Judy. Hope I didn't hurt your feelings - felt I needed to say something so I could continue to enjoy your daily reports and pictures. You write beautifully and take lovely pictures. I remember well the icy driveway - don't miss that at all! Stay well and continue to enjoy your wonderful family! Love, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete