Thursday, August 29, 2019

Grandchildren Visit

I met Stephanie at 7:15 am at Meisters to pick up Israel and Elisabet. When we got back we jumped on the golf cart and found the walkers and rode along with them for the second round and found a really neat big box at Diane's place ready for the dumpster. Instead we took that home to help build a tunnel into a fort. 
 We were surprised to see Sarah walking over with Zion and Eden and since the day was turning warmer we played outside.  Check out how BIG that tree is. It was a lot of fun for climbing on.
 Zion, Elisabet and Israel were asked to stop climbing so I could snap a picture.
 Anna brought Kensley over this afternoon to join in all the fun. Below we are loaded on the golf cart and heading up to the barn to tack up Jenis.
 Israel got to walk and trot Jenis all by himself today.
Kensley started out being led but by the end of the riding she too had trotted all by herself.
The hardest to work with was Zion, once she was ON Jenis she didn't want to get back OFF Jenis. She cried each time even though we assured her she would get another turn.


 We finally just let her stay up and put the other kids on behind. 

While Sarah was watching them ride Jenis, Anna came with me to help cover Cinnamon. She is in season but doesn't stand very well and today I wanted someone to make sure she held still while Valiant did his job.  The cover was successful. It really did help having a second pair of hands.  When we got back to the round pen Israel and Kensley rode Jenis back to the barn to untack then Sarah and Anna loaded up all the kids to go play on the playground at Anna's house while I took the weanlings out of the stall for the first time in 2 days and put them into the pond pasture with Jenis, Zalena and her filly Legend. Both fillies come to me for their grain and I was reasonable sure they would not try to jump out and I was right.

The 3 fillies all ended up grazing together.
 Left to right in the picture below is Zalena's filly, Galena's filly and Rosaleigh's filly.
Galena's filly and Rosaleigh's filly are now successfully weaned and ready for their new home except...I still don't have them named and because of not having names I haven't sent in their paper work to register them.  I'm not good at picking names and sure wish I had help. Names this year need to start with J, K or L.  After I was sure they would all be fine together in the field I left for Anna's to pick up Israel and Elisabet and take them home. They had fun and so did I. A special thanks to Sarah and Anna for helping here today. It is SO nice to have extra hands around here. If you would like to see the rest of the pictures from today click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment