Monday, August 19, 2019

Buying Grain

It was a hot one today, with a high of 89 degrees.  Too bad today was the day to drive to Big R, pick up 600 pounds of grain, load it into the car then unload it into the bins. By the time that was done I was more than ready for a break. Usually I buy 700 pounds but for some reason I was feeling lazy and only picked up 12 bags instead of 14.  It was on sale for $6.79 each 50 pound bag plus I had a coupon for $5.00 off.  Diane gave me 3 pounds of that grass fed ground beef we bought from Hans and Mandy and as I had the ingredients to make cheeseburger soup that was what I did in the afternoon, chopping lots of vegetables. It was finished about the time Mark got home from work. He liked it so well he had two bowls of it.  I made two big pans of it, one was divided into 3, 2 quart containers and those were frozen. The other was cooled down and will be put in the crock pot for the Berean meal tomorrow.
Valiant was let out into his pasture, with that last rain the pasture is growing well.  He rolled then took off galloping and bucking before dropping his head to graze.


 It was a quiet day in the neighborhood with so many of the neighbors on vacation.  All of our vacation pictures and videos were transferred to a jump drive today. Maybe tomorrow I can work on the play video.  The puppies have been leaving for their new homes this week and last. The video below was sent by one of the new owners. They are so pleased with their puppy and it is sure obvious that their puppy is loving living with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment