Thursday, September 18, 2014

Hey Hay

Bella was teased early today and screamed at Evan so we will mark her out. Diane and I were the only workers today at Berean but the work load was light. We finished at 11:00 am then off I went to my other job. Today I arranged to drive to a farm past Lewiston to pick up a load of square bales. The farmer was willing to sell 50 bales of second cutting 60-70 pound square bales of grass/alfalfa. He only had 50 left but when I saw the bales I was wishing I'd called sooner. He had already sold all of  his 3rd cutting before I arrived. When I arrived home, the feed stall needed to be cleaned out and pallets put down. I only got 20 of the bales unloaded when Mark arrived home and helped with the last 30. Even he was impressed with these bales.
Emily was working Hadassah when I was out driving and she had already ridden Killian. She was so thrilled to be back on that boy. She is not suppose to ride for another 3 weeks with her broken arm but she says that Killian goes off her legs and the arm really isn't needed. I knew there was no way she would stay off a horse for 3 months! She tacked up Jenis and Indy and took her 6 year old brother Timothy on the 'death trails'. She was pretty thrilled when they arrived home safe. She said, "Indy is like a dog, following and coming when called making her safe for a 6 year old."


After the bales were done Mark wanted to work on putting the plywood up over the insulation and needed help with the measuring, lifting and holding it in place until he could get a few screws in. That took most of the evening. I was going to head to Morton, IL to the grand opening of Farm n Fleet but the farmer I got the hay from was there in the morning and said it was a mad house. The lines stretched for blocks, the parking lot was so full people parked at Walmart and walked over. I must go tomorrow as Saturday we are booked at the Goose Ranch and the corral panels are only on sale until Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment