Thursday, November 19, 2009

Raven, our Friesian Stallion's Work Schedule


Raven is going to be busy this week and the week next. Izadora is in season, she did not take on her foal heat. It is 19 days since she was last bred. She was neighing this morning so after our walk, Raven was taken over and sure enough she is IN. She will need to be covered again tomorrow as Raven has not been used for 19 days.
Cindy, (Ruth's mare) will be coming over after Thanksgiving and Sangria still needs to be covered. I just haven't got around to even teasing her but the later in the year is better for us. We would like to leave Sangria in with Raven for the winter but must catch her in season to do so. We like to give him a mare for a companion.
Once home from the farm a round bale was moved in for the foals. I found one of the missing halters but not the one I was hoping to find. The ground is so saturated that the foals shelter flooded. Talk about a mess, I know it won't dry up before I need to leave for Chicago so hopefully once home we will have some dry weather to clean up the mud and manure.
I've booked Rachel Sauder of MomentscapturedbyRachel for Wednesday to get pictures of the Friesian foals at the farm. I would love to get her to Bridlewood to get pictures the 5 foals here if the ground ever dries up. I love her horse pictures, she seems to capture each foals disposition. Last year she took Sanna's filly's pictures and that filly was such a goofball. The pictures were PERFECT, showing her running around with a leaf in her mouth, yep, she's a goofball. There are some new horses at Bridlewood so perhaps some of those owners would like to share the sitting fee with me and get some good quality pictures to keep as a remembrance. I know Rachel is not looking for more work but if enough customers from one place want her, just maybe I could get her booked.

No comments:

Post a Comment