Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Nightmare

Early this morning (in my sleep) I got to the farm, went to grain Raven and saw he was out of hay, his shelter was completely empty. I went into the big barn to start the skid steer and that barn was also empty, not a round bale in sight. I thought, "why didn't Mike tell me we were running low", Then, wait a minute, even Ralph and Jamie's bales are gone, I think someone stole all of our hay! Even the part bales in the shelters were gone. I woke up very disturbed and so when I drove to the farm this morning for real, I drove straight into the arena to check our hay supply. Thank goodness it was just a nightmare. while I was there I did a quick count and we still have over 110 good quality round bales so I think we will be OK. We did a rough estimate on usage and can count on 5 bales a week. The worst part about that nightmare was the helpless feeling of seeing hungry horses and not being able to feed them. I think this dream is because I am still upset about the mare Erin found walking down their road.
This makes me realize I MUST try to reduce our herd! Please if you are thinking of buying a great, fantastic, wonderful, sweet, beautiful, quality, family horse take a look at what we have to offer on our for sale page or our new addition page www.horsemeister.com
There is NOTHING out there EVEN close to what we produce for the price we ask. We KNOW we have the best, now I just need to get the word out.

No comments:

Post a Comment