Thursday, November 5, 2009

Piper


This morning Steven Marchal agreed to meet me at the farm to drive out to the Middle Grove farm to pick up the remaining 4 horses left there. After our walk we hooked up the trailer and headed out. We thought it might be a long day not knowing if the horses would be easily found but we saw them within 5 minutes and had them all haltered except Piper. He was showing off with this HUGE trot and I mean HUGE. After a couple of tries we figured out a way for him to want to get in the trailer. Ribbon was loaded and unloaded a few times, then in the trailer he jumped. We dropped off Ribbon, Velvet and Clara at the Hanna City farm and brought Piper to Bridlewood to get some pictures and a video made of him. Steven started working on the burrs and once he was cleaned up, we started the videos. We thought he would just automatically show off being in a new place but he was very low key and only quietly walked around. Steven had the idea of a plastic bag so once that was tied to the whip and shaken around him he started showing his awesome movement. My only mistake was taking his pictures in the shade, he is so black they didn't turn out as well as if he would have been in the sun.
As long as I had the video camera out, Steven suggested we take one of Royal. He didn't really show off as much as he can but still looked good.
We put the colts back and as I was heading in Steven asked me if I wanted to pull hair for the registrations papers. I went in to get the envelopes while Steven got them all ready. Now I only need to pull the 3 purebred Friesian foal's hair and I'll be ready to send them in.
While I was working on the 2 movies, my 3 daughter-in-laws came over so I got to watch Addyson while all 5 girls walked to Starbucks. They made it there but then called for a ride home. I had to drive Tauyna's car to pick them up because of Addyson's car seat so we had 7 people stuffed in that 5 passenger car. Above is Piper and below is Royal.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - Judy! That video of Piper is just beautiful... What movement.

    ReplyDelete