Thursday, November 30, 2023

Unicycle Accident

During the night I remembered I wanted to take the drinking glasses I bought for potluck last year over to the barn. I got up walked right to the cupboard they were stored in so Mark wouldn't use them, opened that up and there were NO glasses.  I must have moved them sometime during the year but don't know why or when. That meant every closet in this house (there are 4) was searched, every cupboard was also searched. Those glasses are not in this house. I only used them once. I didn't want Mark to use them as he might put them in the dishwasher and I didn't want them scratched. I'm sure someday they will turn up but today was a mystery. It was almost above freezing this morning. Diane called while we were walking so I asked her if she had any glasses I could borrow for potluck. Yep, Diane is well stocked. She had some in her garage. Right after the walk we moved the new camper into the barn with the other 4.


We still need to unhitch the truck from the camper but I was due at mom's so needed to leave pretty quickly.  Mom and I had an easy day. When Karin got home I went straight to the barn. The floor there needed mopping and a few dishes put away then took the golf cart over to Diane's garage to get the glasses came back and set the table for tomorrow.

My next job was to go into the apartment, turn up the heat and turn on the lights for the guests coming in this evening.  After that was a trip to Sam's club to pick up ice and groceries. It really is a blessing that we can buy anything we need on pretty much any day. We don't have to go out hunting for food nor do we need to butcher our meat, grow vegetables and preserve food for the winter and fresh fruit is available all winter long. We just drive to a grocery store. Sam's had raspberries for sale so I bought 2 containers just because. We really do live in an amazing time. By the time I got home it was time to get ready to leave for A Taste of Madrigals. Both Faith and Berlica are in it.  On the way we got a text from Ruth saying she was at the emergency room with Joan who fractured her radius near the end in 2 places. It is stable enough that she is getting a temporary splint tonight and is going to follow up on Monday to decide if it needs surgery or a permanent cast. Joan was to be the Jester at Madrigals. She was riding her unicycle hit something the wrong way and was slammed to the ground.  She was in a lot of pain but that didn't stop her from changing out of her Jester costume before she let Ruth take her to the hospital.  The Taste of Madrigal was a lot of fun. Jordan and Riley were there so I snapped a picture of them with the knight
Our table had one person too many so Ivan sat with Becky's son. We had Jim, Faith, Lucy, Rhoda H, Bonnie, Ann, Mark and I at our table.
During the food we could send notes and flowers up to the singers. Below Faith is trying to read a note.
Not many pictures but I tried to video the entire performance and only missed a few beginnings. Below is the video, It is quite long but very entertaining. 




No comments:

Post a Comment